Friday 26 April 2013

Creamy Tomato Chicken Bones


There is something almost magical about tomato soup (at least in my humble opinion).  Bear seems to agree with me on this, because whenever Bear smells tomato soup, he's at my feet looking at my cup (or bowl) as if it might hold the answers to the universe.  
Sadly tomato soup has WAY to much sodium and other added ingredients for any dog's digestive system and should never be shared with them.  BUT! Here at Bear's P4ws, we're always on the lookout for yummy Fido-friendly foodstuffs, and so - without further ado - we're happy to present these CREAMY TOMATO CHICKEN BONES! (It's tomato soup - but in a bone!)

Ingredients
1 Chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 (6 ounce) can Tomato Paste
4 ounces Cream Cheese
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with your cookie cutter of your choice.
4. Place on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen bones.
Remember to store them in an air-tight container in the fridge. 
(Original recipe can be found at Doggy Dessert Chef)
Enjoy
=)
Keep your tails wagging
Bear's P4ws

2 comments:

  1. Hi, This is Simba again. Can I share this recipe on http://greatdog-gsp.com ? Mommy said she will be making these for me. I love all the ingredients and they sound so yummy! Let me know if I can share this and link it back to your site. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of COURSE you can share this recipe! Treats are always better when shared
      =)

      I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete